A newbie chest is a container in which players can leave items for newbies of the same guild to take out. Newbie chests and their contents are saved over reboots.
Some chests have additional restrictions as to who can remove things.
In order to take things out of a priest newbie chest, you must be a priest who worships that deity and be under a certain age or guild level (or be a minister of that deity). There is also a limit to how much you can take out at once.
They can be found in the following locations:
- Pishe: the Ankh-Morpork temple, one room up from Tore Kare.
- Gufnork: the Ankh-Morpork temple, one room west from the entrance.
- Gapp: the Ankh-Morpork temple, one room east from the high altar, and the Genua temple, all the way east.
- Sandelfon: the Ankh-Morpork temple, one room north of the shop.
- Fish: the Ankh-Morpork temple, one room north of the shop.
- Hat: the Djelibeybi temple, two rooms north of the entrance.
- Sek: the Djelibeybi temple, in the entrance.
Priest newbie coffers have the additional property that putting properly-consecrated priestly items (holy relics, prayer books, prayer beads, holy symbols, holy amulets, and to a very small extent incense) into them will move your alignment towards the ideal alignment for that deity. This works much better if you're old enough that you can't take things out.
The thief newbie chest is in the Thieves' Guild Research Room in the thief-only area of the Ankh-Morpork guild house.