A newbie chest is a container in which players can leave items for newbies of the same guild to take out. Newbie chests and their contents are saved over reboots.
Some chests have additional restrictions as to who can remove things.
In order to take things out of a priest newbie chest, you must be a priest who worships that deity and be under a certain age or guild level (or be a minister of that deity). There is also a limit to how much you can take out at once.
They can be found in the following locations:
- Pishe: the Ankh-Morpork temple, one room up from Tore Kare.
- Gufnork: the Ankh-Morpork temple, one room west from the entrance.
- Gapp: the Ankh-Morpork temple, one room east from the high altar, and the Genua temple, all the way east.
- Sandelfon: the Ankh-Morpork temple, one room north of the shop.
- Fish: the Ankh-Morpork temple, one room north of the shop.
- Hat: the Djelibeybi temple, two rooms north of the entrance.
- Sek: the Djelibeybi temple, in the entrance.
The thief newbie 'box' is in the Thieves' Guild Research Room in the thief-only area of the Ankh-Morpork guild house.
To find it, you go past the thieves only entrance guarded by guard thieves, move west, move up and then move south west.
You can type look box to see the box.
Unlike chests in many other guilds this one is fairly small.
The Guildmistress ask that only items really useful to a young thief be put in, no torches as they are heavy and can be found for free throughout the guild. Items in the box are carefully monitored and selected. Please do not fence them.
The thief newbie box can not be accessed by thieves older than a day old (24 hours of player age).
If any new thieves need anything, they can contact the monitors, Assistant Guildmaster or the Guildmistress to get items from the box for them.
These items are recommended to be donated to the newbie chest:
There are no age or guild level restrictions on taking out items.
For things you put in the newbie chest however, you can take them out again.
- Unseen University, gymnasium
- Bes Pelargic L-space Bubble, gymnasium.
- Academy of Artificers, top floor, across the hall from the gym.
There are no age or guild level restrictions on removing items.
Warriors can access newbie chests that belong to another warrior specialisation.
Location of newbie chests
- Ankh-Morpork Palace Guard: Old beer barrel in The Pain in the Neck pub at the Maul.
- Hunters: Old crate in the room west of the smithy.
- Samurai: Chest inside the dojo
- Weapon Masters' Court: Rain barrel in the armoury.
- Djelian Guard: Weapons rack on north side of the Djelian Guard Headquarters
- Klatchian Foreign Legion: Lost-and-found box in the Klatchian Foreign Legion outpost storage tent