A magical talisman is an item which has attained a certain degree of magical sentience.
Magical talismans may be attuned to a particular owner, which generally confers benefits specific to that person to the item.
All magical talismans can be readily identified as such by any magic user, as they will have the line 'It has the hazy octarine sparkle of a magical talisman.' in their description.
Talismans can be attuned to particular players by one of two ways:
- Having a witch bond the item to the player by casting Granny Benedict's Bond of Loyalty.
- Innate bonding - this comes built in with most quest reward items. Items innately bonded cannot then be unbonded.
Once a talisman has been bonded to a player, it can only be unbonded from them by a witch casting Nanny Revere's Traitorous Talisman on the item. Note that this is only possible if both the witch and the player the item is currently bonded to are playerkillers.
Witches can use Goodie Whemper's Apple Divination on a bonded item to see who its owner is.
Effects from bonding a magical talisman include:
- Weapons can only be held by their owner.
- Broomsticks gain many more remembered location slots.
- Wooden whistles can be bonded to a fruitbat to summon that fruitbat back if its owner blows the whistle.
Any liftable item can be made into a magical talisman by a witch casting Delusions of Grandeur on it.