L-space is a space that connects all libraries.
The following places have entry points to L-space:
- The library of Unseen University has a fixed gap through which L-space may be entered. There are also strange distortions in space which are placed unpredictably throughout the library--going through one of these will also take you to L-space. Entering the stationary gap will get you into l-space next to another gap.
- The library of the Institute of Illusory Learning has a gap.
- The library of the Bes Pelargic L-space Bubble has at least one gap.
From the first room of the L-space Bubble that you reach by "wander alleys":
will put you in the approximate area where gaps can be found.
- The library in Genua has a gap upstairs (you need to push the crate out of the way to get at it, and you need to pass an adventuring.acrobatics.tumbling skillcheck to get in. A bonus of 130 should be enough.).
- The library of the Academy of Artificers has a gap (library; <third exit>; <first exit>; <fourth exit>;<first exit>).
While not particularly dangerous, l-space is easy to get lost in and can be difficult to find your way out of without resorting to the godmother.
Adventurous (or careless) individuals can use l-space for long-distance travel.
If you enter one of the gaps in Unseen University, the Artificers' Academy, or the Institute of Illusory Learning, there will be a gap out of l-space immediately. However, if you enter through some other way, there may not be, and you'll have to look around for one.
As l-space uses relative exits instead of the more usual north/south/east/west exits, has rooms with changing descriptions, and has strange and twisty dimensions that make mapping it impractical at best, finding a gap if can be rather difficult. (Note also that the gaps can come and go (even as you move through l-space), making mapping fairly pointless.)
One piece of advice is to always take the last exit (unless it's a backwards exit)--however, this doesn't always work and can in fact get you into a loop. To see if you're in a loop, just drop something (such as a penny) in the room, keep going, and see if you find it again.
Considering the moving (or possibly disappearing and reappearing) gaps, it may not really matter where you go.
Entering a gap in l-space will take you to a random library--either the one you started in, or a different one. You can end up:
- In the UU library, at the south edge.
- In the Genua library, in the room with the gap.
- In the Sto Lat library, in the aisles.
- In the Bes Pelargic library, at the top of some stairs (the room is grey and marked "start" on Sekiri's map).
- In the IIL library, at the gap.
One route out of the BP library from the room in it that L-space leads to is:
To get out of the Sto Lat library from the room in it that L-space leads to, take:
- the only exit, the only exit, the only exit, the second exit, the second exit, the second exit, entrance.