Klatchian is a language mainly spoken by players at present, as there are few npcs who speak it.
It can be learned from the DJB language school; though those learning it will need high levels of Djelian to start with. It is recommended that those learning Klatchian achieve 90 levels in written and spoken Djelian at least by the 2nd lesson of Klatchian, as it is necessary to understand the teacher's request and read the book provided to find the answers.
You can TM spoken Klatchian in the Ek Ruins at the El Kinte caravan's Tacticum stop. This location is home to Al-James and Al-George, both located inside tents, as well as 71-hour Ahmed. Al-James operates a shop and will talk when listing, browsing, and giving stuff to him, in addition to his normal chats. Ahmed will respond to "morpork", "assassin", "vimes", and "vetinari" once your spoken is above 60. Al-George will respond to "drink" and "ruin". Al-James will reject an offer of money by speaking. Testing shows that both Ahmed and George understand Morporkian as well.
You can also TM spoken Klatchian in the Grflx caves in Skund Forest and the water sprite caves in the Ramtops. Both of these places, however, are considered dangerous as they are inhabited by strong auto-attacking monsters. The entrance of the water sprite caves is safe, but all the other rooms might be inhabited by auto-attacking sprites.
Occasionally, there are also player groups formed for the purpose of TM-ing the Klatchian language. To find these groups, type the command "groups".
There are also a very few npcs who speak it:
- the Klatchian teacher in the Language Institute
- two guards outside the Klatchian Embassy on Speedwell Street in Ankh
- Notserp, who wanders around Ankh-Morpork (responds to "goat" and "Ahmed")
- The Kompt de Yoyo will tell stories to Assassins in Klatchian if they ask nicely
- The family in The Laughing Falafel on the intersection of Dimwell and the Soake sometimes speak in Klatchian
Aside from primers, there are a few things written in Klatchian in the game:
- A caravan stop note in Tacticum at the ruins, and a menu in Al-George's tent.
- Part of the plaque outside the Foreign Ambassadors' Reception to Djelibeybi.
- The yellow sign in the Djelian classroom in the Djelibeybi language school.
- Two plaques in the Modern Languages classroom in the Guild of Assassins.