Jogloran's Portal of Cheaper Travel
|Jogloran's Portal of Cheaper Travel|
|Tome||Introeductyon too thee Strukture of thee Multyverss|
Jogloran's Portal of Cheaper Travel (abbreviated as JPCT or JPoCT) is a miscellaneous spell that creates a magical one-way portal to another place.
A blorple, either jewellery (usually not consumed) or a stone (usually consumed). Jewellery may be damaged by repeated use--the amount of damage varies and can be a lot or a little. More expensive jewellery is harder to damage.
You prepare to cast Jogloran's Portal of Cheaper Travel on the gold ring. You start to sketch a door in the air with the mahogany staff. The lines you sketched in the air start to glow a red colour. A strange green smell escapes from the forming door and slowly wisps its way around the room. You can see the door starting to materialise and try to ignore the small figures looking eagerly at the opening. You start dancing wildly around the door throwing power and moonbeams at it in the hope of scaring off the creatures.
If you're not holding anything, you sketch a door in the air with "your finger" instead.
A mysterious oak door solidifies with a satisfying thump.
There are several different types of doors that can show up--crystal, fur, etc. The type appears to be random.
Casting may result in one or more of the following:
- A misportal. This is a portal that goes, not to the location on the blorple, but to a random player.
- A burning door. This will cost HP to open, push, or enter.
- A rumbling door. The rumbling is not immediately visible--it rumbles when opened. These are NOT functioning portals. These will explode if entered, costing HP.
- A wobbling door. These act as though they've been pushed--they can be entered as usual, but they'll disappear fairly quickly
- A combination of the above.
- A melting door. Possibly caused by attempting to portal with another portal in the same room.
- A swirling door.
- A door that grows legs and runs away. Caused by casting on something that is not a blorp.
- A spinning door. Caused by casting on something that is not a blorp.
Because of the misportal issue, it's advisable to always "look enter door" before entering the door.
Disposing of portals
A portal will disappear on its own eventually. However, you can also 'push', 'shove', 'kick', or 'push' it with your staff, to make it start wobbling and disappear much faster.
Pushing a flaming door with your staff or performing a flying kick on it will avoid the fire damage that pushing or shoving will inflict.
> push door with staff You focus your mind on the innate bond between a Wizard and her staff, and wrap a magical shield around it to protect it from the flames. Extending it smartly, you give the mysterious oak door a solid shove in the midsection. The mysterious oak door wobbles alarmingly. The mysterious oak door wobbles alarmingly. The mysterious oak door wobbles alarmingly. The mysterious oak door falls! The portal disappears with a small clap of thunder.
There are several Exploration achievements for misportaling:
- Misguided (10 times)
- Frequent Misflyer (100 times)
- Random Tourist (500 times)
- Mystery Traveller (2500 times)
- Unexpected Guest (10000 times)
- Misportal of Misfortune (create a burning, rumbling, wobbling misportal)
There are also several Lucky achievements for being the target of a misportal:
- Unexpected Company (1 time)
- So We Meet Again (2 times in a row to or from the same person)
- We Must Stop Meeting Like This (3 times in a row to or from the same person)
- Random Tour Guide (100 times)
- Misportal Magnet (500 times)