From Discworld MUD Wiki
Revision as of 13:47, 28 May 2021 by Dyne
A pudgy hedge wizard:
Hedge wizardry is the name used to describe the ancient style of magical arts that was in use long before the rise of magical institutes and institutionalised magic. Some of these wizards roamed the Disc in search of power, others did the same striving to achieve a greater understanding of nature. Although rare these days, some of them still exist. Despite the lack of regular meals, this hedge wizard has managed to maintain a healthy rosy complexion and a plump body. He is not in good shape. He is standing. His skin looks as though it has been covered with several layers of a chalk-like substance, although the head seems not to be covered. He has a medium bone shield floating around him.
Forests around Skund and the Ramtops.
Hedge wizards carry a small backpack which contain their carried components. For example:
It is over a quarter full with: a small yellow crystal, a chicken body feather, some fine grey ash, five beeswax candles, a small leather shield, a jar of screaming mandrake roots, four pinches of old Ramtops tobacco, a lightable torch, a long pipe and a heavy iron hand mirror. It is open. It is in good condition.
- old green cloak (used in some jobs)
- Spell components (see above)
- Hedge robe
- Comfortable wanderer's robe
- Hedge wizards come in many forms, from pretty low level to medium level.
- They can cast a variety of spells, their components suggest they can cast the following offensive spells:
- They are normally magically shielded by Chrenedict's Corporeal Covering and Endorphin's Floating Friend.
- They can also cast Transcendent Pneumatic Alleviator on themselves.