Healing roses are roses which provide a healing effect when sniffed.
To find healing roses:
- Go to the mansion on Ibis Parade in Djelibeybi.
- Enter the garden inside the mansion, in the middle of the ground floor.
- At the four corners of the garden are rose bushes, use 'pluck rose' to get a rose from them.
Each rose bush yields 2-3 roses before becoming empty; it takes approximately 30 minutes for a bush to regenerate its roses.
The quality of a rose depends on the crafts.husbandry.plant.herbal bonus of the picker. Possible qualities are indicated by the level of surety one observes on picking a rose, and are as follows (from worst to best):
- You look among the bushes and pick a rose that you think might just possibly provide some healing effect.
- You look among the bushes and pick a rose that you think should provide some healing effect.
- You look among the bushes and pick a rose that you think will provide some healing effect.
- You look among the bushes and pick a rose that you are sure will provide some healing effect.
- You look among the bushes and pick a rose that you are absolutely certain will provide some healing effect.
Roses can be used by 'smell'ing them. This does not consume any GP, and may be performed without penalty or interruption during combat.
- Active roses display the message 'You breathe deeply of the delightful fragrance of the purple rose' when smelled.
- Exhausted roses display the message 'You breathe deeply of the somewhat faded fragrance of the purple rose' when smelled.
- It's not possible to tell the difference between active and exhausted roses by looking at them.
The effects of healing roses are similar to those of healing tea - they increase the HP regeneration rate for a period of time. If the player reaches full health, then the effect immediately wears off, otherwise the effects last for a duration dependent on the rose's quality.
Approximate regeneration rate increase and duration per rose are as follows:
|Surety||HP regen/s increase per rose||Duration per rose (seconds)|
|think might just possibly|
|absolutely certain will|
If roses are stacked (either by sniffing multiple roses or the same rose more than once), then the results are as follows:
- HP regen improvements are added
- Durations are added
- Therefore total healing increases quadratically - 2 stacked roses provide 4x the total healing of one; 3 stacked roses provide 9x the healing of one, and so on.
- A maximum of 5 healing roses can be braided into someone's hair.
- Healing roses gradually wither over time. Neither drying nor pickling prevent this.
- Withered roses appear to retain their healing powers until you exhaust them by using them.