Difference between revisions of "Hag's Blessing"
(→Getting rid of fireflies: tweak)
m (→Jam types: Chilli)
|Line 96:||Line 96:|
Latest revision as of 17:36, 20 April 2022
Hag's Blessing is a miscellaneous witch spell which summons a swarm of fireflies to light the caster's way.
The magick crystal will summon fireflies for the wearer at regular intervals. Note that:
- Large crystals summon fireflies at more frequent intervals than small ones.
- Fireflies do not come immediately on wearing the crystal - there is a delay.
This spell requires 25 GP to cast, and takes up 10 units of mind space.
- It is not cast on any target; affecting only the caster.
- It can be cast indoors or outdoors.
- The fireflies will follow the witch for some time before going away unless you shoo them away.
- Each swarm produces quite a bit of light and makes the room a bit brighter.
- You cannot summon more swarms of fireflies when you already have 10 swarms following you.
|Focus tea results|
The following skills are used for the stages of this spell:
No components are required to cast this spell.
You cast your spirit out over the land. You send out the promise of a bowl of jam. You concentrate firmly on <random type of jam>, making it believe it is really there.
A swarm of fireflies arrives and circles around you.
A swarm of fireflies buzzes past, humming peacefully.
- To others
You feel a strong craving for redcurrant jam. You notice that the smell of redcurrant jam lies like a heavy blanket around you. A swarm of fireflies arrives and circles around Myrina Womblesworth.
Getting rid of fireflies
Once summoned, the caster can get rid of their fireflies by
shooing them. Note that
shoo fireflies will only shoo one swarm. A better idea is to
shoo swarms or if you prefer
shoo every fireflies.
This is an incomplete list of possible jam types mentioned when the spell is cast.
- Apple and blackberry
- Pear and ginger
- Raspberry and apple
- Rhubarb and strawberry
- Yellow stone ring
- Dark Sight
- Master Woddeley's Luminescent Companion
- Turnwhistle's Effulgent Autiridescence