Guild points (or GP) are the equivalent of a player's energy. They are determined by the relevant **.points skill for your guild. Different guilds will use a different **.points skill to determine their overall GP. The **.points skills that don't determine your overall GP will affect how many Guild Points you may use for commands. Learnt commands require enough GP to be present from the relevant points skill associated with that command (e.g. a magic command requires magic.points GP). How much GP you have in each branch is viewable with the "GP" command.
Primary guild point skills
The rate at which a player's guild points are regenerated is based on the skill weighting of their primary GP skill as above.
Specifically, it is:
GP regen per round = rounddown(sqrt(175/9.8 * (weight-con * ln(con) + weight-dex * ln(dex) + weight-int * ln(int) + weight-str * ln(str) + weight-wis * ln(wis)) - 43.75) - 10)
Boosting guild points
Various means exist within the game to provide an instantaneous boost to guild points:
- Burying killed victims provides a small amount of GP.
- Energy tea can provide a substantial amount of GP as well as boost the maximum total, though there is a penalty when it wears off.
- Pink crystal rings provide varying amounts of GP when twisted.
- Stat items and other stat effects can affect the underlying stats for the relevant points skill. This affects both the maximum and the current level.
Drains and penalties
As well as the GP cost incurred by performing commands, some other aspects can cause a GP drain.
- Stat items or other stat effects (such as those produced by poison) can lower the maximum GP and current level, as well as potentially affecting the renegeneration rate.
- Yellow stone rings consume GP at regular intervals.
- The hide and fade commands consume small amounts of covert GP at regular intervals in order to keep the player in hiding.
- The player's combat attitude imparts a GP drain as follows:
|Attitude||GP drain (points per round)|
- Whilst not an official guild, Adventurers still have primaries and a skill that determines their overall GP.