Grflx are thought to be large winged lizard-bird monstrous beasts.
They can be found in caves beneath Skund Forest.
Grflx come in several varieties, most of which attack on sight:
- Worker (not agressive)
- Workleader (not agressive)
- Queen (The Grflx)
- Egg (from nursery)
- Baby (hatches from an egg, not agressive)
Their hides can be made into leather armour by the NPC Squinty Jeb in another area more to the south of Skund Forest.
- Only the hide from the queen can be made into a Grflx scale.
Return to the bestiary.
Finding some hidden exits and some rock climbing skills are needed to reach the Grflx cave on foot.
The grflx usually stay inside their cave but some adolescent and mentor groups can follow players outside.
- Ground level
On the entry level of the cave there are lone hunters, lone adolescents and groups with one mentor and three adolescents.
- While they all use delayed pursue, the mentor groups move two rooms in the same direction when possible, even if it takes them past the target they were following.
- They also all wander randomly and can merge into much larger groups, often while you were fighting the first group.
- In some rooms you can go down to a river and grflxen can shove you into it. You can leave back up. The stream of water regularly tries to push you further downstream and makes it very hard to go back upstream without first going back up.
- Worker den
Below the entry level is a relatively safe area with groups of workers following a workleader.
- The workers and workleaders do not automatically attack.
- However, getting to this level starts to poison you with more and more noxious gas over time, damaging your health regularly. Going outside the cave gradually reduces and ends the poison's effects after some time.
Past the worker den soldiers start to appear, some of them laying in ambush, as the cave splits into two tunnels.
- The soldiers can hide, ambush, pursue and guard exits. They have better fighting skills than the previous grflxen.
- Huge cave
The two branches lead into one huge cave which is home to the grflx queen, simply shown as the Grflx.
- The Queen is much tougher to kill than even soldiers, and her corpse is extremely heavy. Just the scales are also extremely heavy.
- The hide from the grflx queen can be made into a Grflx scale if you can extract it from the corpse and bring it to Squinty Jeb.
- There can also be some soldiers in the huge cave.
On the other side of the huge cave is the nursery.
- Eggs can be obtained there, and will eventually hatch into a baby grflx. However these can not be tamed as pets and do not mature.
Return to the bestiary.