Granny Lipintense's Layer of Lard
The effects of this spell are as follows:
- The target is covered by an amount of lard based on the caster's magic.spells.misc (and possibly methods?). The lard acts as an ablative layer against water, being used up to keep the target dry as well as fading slowly over time.
Drops of water run off you like they would from a goose. Some drops of water run off you, washing away the rest of your blanket of lard in the process.
- The target is rendered immune to the common cold for the duration of the spell's effect.
Note that this spell does not prevent insects from Mama Kolydina's Instant Infestation from leaving when underwater.
This spell can be cast again while active to stack the duration, however, the maximum duration that can be obtained via stacking is capped.
The amount of lard remaining will be displayed in the target's look description, as well as under 'shields'.
She bears a remarkable resemblance to a mobile block of lard. She is wrapped in a thick blanket of lard. She is wrapped in a substantial blanket of lard. She is wrapped in a blanket of lard. She is wrapped in a thin blanket of lard. She is wrapped in a barely waterproof layer of lard.
The layer of lard around you vanishes with a wet sound.
The magick crystal's effects are radically different to that of the spell:
- The crystal does not protect against getting wet.
- The crystal does drastically increase the wearer's buoyancy, making it very hard for them to drown (or for that matter, submerge).
This spell requires 40 GP to cast, and takes up 15 units of mind space.
|Focus tea results|
The following skills are used in the casting of this spell:
This spell requires:
- Casting (self)
You prepare to cast Granny Lipintense's Layer of Lard on yourself. You place the duck feather on the eel skin and dance around it, moaning and rolling your eyes, to impress anyone that might be looking. You swallow the duck feather and absorb its power. You take the aura of the eel skin and wrap it around you.
The space around you becomes greasy, solidifying into a gargantuan layer of lard.
- To others
Myrina Womblesworth does a complicated dance around her magical eelskin, invoking unholy spirits in a strange voice. Myrina Womblesworth forces herself to swallow a magical duck feather. Myrina Womblesworth does something arcane with the eel skin and gestures towards herself. Myrina Womblesworth is surrounded by a gargantuan layer of lard.
- Gillimer's Ring of Temperate Weather
- Ellamandyr's Hyaline Amulet
- Friddlefrod's Hydratic Extrusion
- Fat springs
- Discworld spell help: Granny Lipintense's Layer of Lard
- Focus Tea Database: Granny Lipintense's Layer of Lard