From Discworld MUD Wiki
Glang Snorrison is a dwarf that makes rubber balls in a sulphurous showroom on Street of Cunning Artificers between the Dessert Animals cafe and the Fortune Teller.
This rather short dwarf has dark brown eyes and a well-groomed black beard. He looks slightly depressed. He is in good shape. He is standing. Wearing : a pair of hard leather boots, a chainmail shirt and a horned dwarfish helmet. Glang Snorrison says with a Llamedese accent: I have a licence from the University to make footballs, you know. Glang Snorrison says with a Llamedese accent: And I worked on the first one, too. Glang Snorrison mutters about Slarg Goldenaxesson down the street being a coward and a bully.
You might be able to help Glang against his rival Slarg.
There is no stock, you have to order what you want.
Glang Snorrison says with a Llamedese accent: There are a few things I could make, but I'm all out of materials. If you bring me what I need, I could make them for you. Glang Snorrison says with a Llamedese accent: I could make a football with 10 congealed lumps of latex and 15 pinches of sulphur powder for &&&&&&&&&&&+4000 A$10. Glang Snorrison says with a Llamedese accent: I could make a horse ball with 30 congealed lumps of latex and 1 handful of sulphur powder for &&&&&&&&&&&+8000 A$20.
The horse ball is a special aid to help your horse increase its intuition by playing with it.
- You need to unmount and stop leading it first.
- You initiate play by dropping the ball.
- You horse will leave the room and come back, passing the ball at you. The intuition increase only seems to happen if you kick back the ball.
- Sometimes the horse will leave the room and get tired before coming back.
- After a while the horse is tired.
- You'll also need to handle your horse in some other way before a change is scheduled to happen. This can be done by mounting your horse and fighting for a while.
The football seems to be similar to the black frisbee, you can kick it at another player no matter how far away on the Disc they are from you.