Garlic is a pungent plant with fleshy dark green leaves and white bulbs. It is a common cooking herb, and is used to make cold cure.
One wild garlic bulb gives 16 pinches of ground garlic.
A small clove gives 8 pinches of ground garlic, a medium clove gives 16 pinches of ground garlic, and a large clove gives 24 pinches of ground garlic. A bulb of garlic usually has about 10 cloves of varying size.
Garlic can be found in the following locations:
- Granny Weatherwax's cottage
- Near Ethel Applebaum's cottage, in the garden in the northern part of Scrogden
- Annie Spindlewits' cottage
- Mum Blithesome's cottage
- Garden of the Temple of Small Gods in Ankh-Morpork
- Academy of Artificers garden in Sto Lat
- Mano Rossa mansion conservatory in Genua
- Dark Forest (Uberwald) terrains - be careful of the werewolves!
- Chronides farmstead south of Ephebe
- Garlic fields around Chronides farmstead, Ephebe, and Djelibeybi. The garlic fields outside of Ephebe and Djelibeybi are seasonal.
Garlic can be purchased from various vendors throughout the Disc.
Eating garlic will give the eater garlic breath. Eating mint leaves will cure it.