|Areas||Ankh-Morpork, Sto Lat|
|Priests' Alignment|| min: ?
|Major Shield||translucent cloth robe, transparent <type> fabric|
|Holy symbol||golden thimble|
|Finger||Finger information on  (login required)|
Gapp, God of Fine Clothing: Often considered an elitist, Gapp and His priests make a point of being the best-dressed at any public function. The sense of style of His worshippers is as unquestionable as it is changeable, with new fashions tearing through His temples on a weekly basis. Gapp is a god who believes He is the best, and He knows how to dress properly for the position.
The current High Priest for Gapp is Juppie.
More or less once a week, Gapp chooses a material, two colours, and an adornment or style to be stylish. The current trends can be found in Gapp's finger information and they're important for several rituals and Gappics can also get a bonus to rituals by wearing three items of stylish clothing. Rituals like Totem and Divine vestments require a piece of stylish clothing. There is an additional bonus to Mend when performed on a piece of stylish clothing, but there is a penalty if the colour of the item is an abomination to Gapp (see section colours) or when it is made of rubber.
He announces it on the talker when the fashion changes, for example:
(Gapp) Gapp, God of Fine Clothing wisps: I now favour habiliments fashioned from cashmere and enjoy the effect created using pearls. Blue and mauve would look particularly fetching, too. (Gapp) Gapp, God of Fine Clothing wisps: Darlings, you'd better work!
Things He's chosen in the past have been:
An item doesn't need to have all three properties at once to be stylish--one is enough.
The ideal alignment for a Gappic is around 3 degrees good (or, just after the beginning of the "good" range). He will be merely "pleased" with you if you're from 0 - 3 or 4 - 6 degrees good.
Temples to Gapp can be found in:
- Ankh-Morpork on the Street of Small Gods.
- Bes Pelargic, just above the ground floor in the red tower (a little north of the river on the very east side of the city)
- Djelibeybi on Deity Lane on the west side of the city
- Genua at the south end of Darling Road in the southeast part of the city.
- The Temple of Cool in the Ramtops/Uberwald area.
- Ephebe on Flatulus Walk, on the south side of the Harbour Market.
Shops which sell Gappic items can be found in the Ankh-Morpork, Djelibeybi, and Genua temples, as well as in the Temple of Cool. You can also buy priestly items of your own deity from the charm peddler who wanders around the Imperial District in Bes Pelargic (mainly on Garden Walk).
- Alyssa of Gapp makes custom chasubles, vestments and robes in the upstairs part of Small Gods Vestments on the Street of Small Gods in Ankh-Morpork.
- Guido of Gapp can be found in the east part of the Temple of Small Gods, telling people about Gapp.
- Min Bertram runs the temple shop in Ankh-Morpork.
- Charisse of Gapp wanders around the Genua temple.
- Danniell of Gapp wanders around the Genua temple.
- Monsieur Leverett makes custom surplices, vestments, cassocks, robes and kesas upstairs in the Genua temple.
- Mariasha of Gapp is the religious instructor in the Djelibeybi temple.
Various unnamed priests and priestesses of Gapp also wander around Ankh-Morpork.
Gapp's unique ritual bonus is granted to those who are wearing enough (possibly three ) stylish items of clothing.
There is another, smaller one, for being in "stylish surroundings":
It seems very slightly easier to perform light because you feel comfortable in your stylish surroundings.