Difference between revisions of "Followers"
(Add sections "Becoming a follower" and "Learning follower rituals". Remove stub hatnote.)
m (Fix "Learning follower rituals" position)
|Line 103:||Line 103:|
Latest revision as of 04:45, 9 May 2022
As a follower, you can directly learn two rituals, if you're a high enough level in the skill needed. Each god grants two rituals to followers—these are fixed, so you can't choose them. Note that if you die, you lose the rituals and will have to learn them again.
Followers can also use rituals from faith rods, giving them more limited access to all rituals.
- Pishe does not accept followers, only priests. All other deities do accept followers.
- Wizards and witches cannot become followers.
- A follower can only follow one god at a time.
- A follower can only perform rituals while in alignment (meaning that your god is "very happy with", "pleased with", or at worst "a little concerned about" you). The follower can check this with
score alignment, which indicates how happy (or not) your god is with you.
Becoming a follower
To become a follower, you must
pray at one of your chosen deity's high altars. More information on where to find high altars can be found at each God's page.
Note that praying only works if you have never become the follower of a God before. If you are already worshipping another deity, you must follow the supplication process below.
A follower of one deity may choose to instead follow another one. The supplication process is as follows:
- The player must first go to the high altar of their current deity and "renounce faith".
- The player then must visit the high altar of their new deity and "supplicate <god>".
- Over the course of at least 30 roundworld days, there are three things that can be done at the god's high altar to prove your sincerity:
- The player may pray to the new god.
- A member of the new god's flock may "pray for <player>" on your behalf. It is unclear if only priests can pray on another's behalf, or if current followers are also considered as flock members.
- The player may offer monetary donations to the deity with the command "pay respects to <god> with <money>".
There are a number of caveats:
- Some amount of both praying and paying respects are required for a successful supplication.
- The more often a follower changes faiths, the longer the supplication process will take, although it is unclear how much longer or what other variables (such as how long since the previous conversion) may affect the required supplication time.
- A player may view the process of their supplication with the command
supplicate <god>at the deity's high altar. This only works if the player is in alignment with their new god.
List of worshipper rituals
Learning follower rituals
Rituals can be learnt from instructors in the vestry of any of your deity's temples. All rituals have skill requirements to learn; refer to each ritual's page for details.