Finneblaugh's Thaumic Float
|Finneblaugh's Thaumic Float|
|Description||Makes the caster float in midair.|
|Tome||Invoakatyons in thee Mysterie of Wynd|
Finneblaugh's Thaumic Float (abbreviated to FTF) is a miscellaneous spell requiring a feather. It causes the caster to float in midair.
This spell uses the following skills in its stages:
You prepare to cast Finneblaugh's Thaumic Float. You drop a feather and watch as it drifts to the ground. You probe the feather, concentrating on its affinity with the air. The feather crumples into dust. You call forth the spirit of the wind. You lever yourself gently upwards with magic.
You feel light as air.
- Success when already floating
You hover a few inches higher above the ground than before for a few seconds, before regaining balance.
You can't quite get off the ground...
It also causes hallucinations.
- What others see
Wizard drops a feather and watches it fall. Wizard studies the feather intently. The feather crumples into dust. Wizard huffs and puffs. Wizard groans in effort. Wizard lifts gently off the floor.
- Spell effects end
Your feet touch the ground again.
This spell causes you to float in midair, providing the following benefits:
- Limited protection from (some) falls (definitely prevents all damage from: jumping off the Tower of Art, misportalling into the air room, failing a climb check on the Five Ways bell tower or the front of the Drum, jumping out the window of the Five Ways bell tower. )
- The ability to float above water instead of sinking (does not work when already underwater)
- Some protection against vines and Myrandil's Vicious Seizure
- It probably bypasses balancing checks.
Note that it does not protect you if you walk off of a cliff in Brass Neck.
It also adds a line that you are, "hovering in mid-air" to your description, and causes you to float instead of walking.
The effects of this spell can be canceled by a successful casting of Mother Brynda's Call of Gravity on the person floating.
The status and approximate duration of this spell is visible with the shields command.