From Discworld MUD Wiki
Revision as of 10:18, 16 May 2009 by Inod (→Medium bar or larger: - added a description for a tankard)
Many new items can be crafted in the Artificers' Academy.
Tiny bars or larger
- oak leaf ring
- "This crudely forged <metal> band bears something vaguely oval that was probably intended to be a leaf."
- "This heavy, ornate ring consists of a thick band of <metal>, wrought in the form of a dozen oak leaves overlapping around its length. Lovingly detailed as they are, the leaves could have been picked from the ground on an autumn day."
- "A deeply incised pattern of oak leaves wraps entirely around the <metal> band of this ring, as though falling endlessly from a tree in the autumn."
- "This heavy, ornate ring consists of a thick band of <metal>, wrought in the form of a dozen intricately detailed oak leaves overlapping around its length. A single acorn, done in low relief, sits cradled between the leaves in the centre. The leaves look as crisp and fresh as if they'd been plucked just that moment from a flourishing tree in the height of summer."
- cabbage brooch
- "An elegant circle of <metal> bears a pattern of cabbage fronds in low relief, recalling the tasty and loyal denizens of the Sto Plains. From beneath a frond at the centre of the disc, a pair of eyes peek shyly out with an affectionate gaze."
- fountain pen nib
- A tiny bar will suffice
- "This is a rather poorly made <metal> italic nib."
- "This is a well-made <metal> italic nib."
- "This is a very well-made <metal> italic nib."
- "This is a masterfully made <metal> italic nib."
- "This is a beautiful <metal> italic nib."
- A tiny bar will suffice
Small bars or larger
- wise old owl ink well
- "This little <metal> owl ink well has a simple charm, though the feather detailing is sketchy at best and one folded wing is a little longer than the other. The little hooked beak seems to smile at you."
- "Simple and elegant, with a wise, affectionate look in her wide round eyes, this decorative <metal> owl statuette has a deep well in her head for ink."
- "This lovingly made <metal> owl statuette has wide round eyes and tufted ears, and every feather has been painstakingly picked out in lifelike detail. A deep well in her head provides the perfect place for ink, and words written with it may well be wise ones."
- chain of stars
- "A half-dozen largish <metal> stars, strung on a necklace, glint like the first stars of the evening sky."
- "A slim, delicate <metal> necklace supports a dozen shimmering, twinkling stars, each the size of a child's fingernail."
- "A slim, delicate <metal> chain supports a dozen shimmering, twinkling stars, the largest no bigger than a child's fingernail. The small movements as they hang from the necklace chain draw the eye, sending the subtlest of glints and twinkles across to anyone watching."
Medium bar or larger
- "This is a shapeless, ugly <metal> mug, which will probably make the beer taste foul. It almost certainly leaks, too."
- "Short and sturdy, with a solid base and a strong handle, this <metal> tankard will hold a full pint safely in even the most drunken grip."