Escrow is a town in Uberwald.
- 1 Situation
- 2 Language and currency
- 3 Politics
- 4 Crime and Punishment
- 5 Layout
- 6 Transportation
- 7 Property
- 8 Facilities
- 9 Guilds
- 10 Shops
- 11 NPCs
- 12 Safe areas
- 13 Other points of interest
Language and currency
The language in Escrow is Uberwaldean. The local currency is the Lancre crown.
Crime and Punishment
Attacking the townspeople or stealing will get you thrown to the werewolves in the woods.
- A forest road enters Escrow from the west, heading into the town square.
- Garlic Way starts at the southwest corner of the town square, going south, then curving east.
- Thorn Road goes east from the northeast corner of the town square, eventually leaving Escrow.
- Briar Way goes south from Thorn Road, then curves east.
- A side street goes north from the north side of the town square, terminating at the fairgrounds.
- Fair Street goes east and west from outside the entrance to the fairgrounds, intersecting the side street.
The Uberwald carriage, Borogravia carriage, Steppes carriage and Vieux River Road carriage all stop in the middle of the town square. Escrow is the last city on the mail carriage route, which picks up on the northwest side of the square and offers a direct ride back to its first stop at the Ankh-Morpork Post Office.
The following conditions apply to real estate in the Ramtops:
- Players with property elsewhere are ineligable to bid on types of property that they already own.
- Property cannot be shared with those ineligable to bid, as above.
- Players cannot bid on more than one property at a time.
There is player housing on Fair Street, Briar Way, and Garlic Way.
There is one club house, north of the north side of the town square.
The following Category:facilities can be found in Escrow:
- The Lancrastian Farmers' Cooperative Bank is on the south side of the town square.
- There is a post office on the northwest side of the town square.
- There is a smithy near the end of Briar Way.
- There is a tannery on Thorn Road, before the intersection with Briar Way.
- The following bulletin boards are available:
- The Frog board in The Drunken Magpie on Garlic Way.
- The Role-playing, Player killers, Never wending story, Alt.fan.pratchett, Flame, Equality, and Fluff boards in the town hall.
- The town hall also contains a club room, a family room, and a complaints room.
There are no guild-related facilities here.
The following shops can be found in Escrow.
- A souvenir shop, a toy shop, a bakery, and a jewellery shop are on the town square.
- A weapon shop and a clothing shop are on Thorn Road.
- A furniture shop is on Briar Way.
- A candle shop, a clothing shop, a pie shop, and a potion shop are on Garlic Way, as is The Drunken Magpie pub. The Drunken Magpie pub is the starting point for new players in this area, and is safe from vampires.
- The Dancing Garlic restaurant is at the west end of Fair Street.
- There is a candy shop at the east end of the fair, when it's open.
Escrow is a dangerous zone with many autoattacking enemies.
Note that killing the citizens of Escrow will get you thrown to the werewolves. They appear as wolves at night and naked men and woman during the day. They have hiding spots not too far around Escrow. They are strong, auto-attack at night, attack in the day if considered, and will pursue you, tear you apart and then eat your organs.
Aggressive Vampires roam the town at night. Killing them (if you can!) will not get you in trouble.
- They look like young men, beautiful women, handsome men, slinky girls, and slim women.
- They attack all players, fruitbats and pets and use delayed pursuit.
These are rather strong npcs found on the streets of Escrow. They stay outside at night.
- brawny man and brawny woman - They will rush to the defense of townsfolk who are being attacked. They will also attack vampires.
- buxom warrior
- massive adventurer
- muscular hunter
- slender adventurer
These are generally weak npcs found on the streets of Escrow. They only come out during the day. While some of the names look somewhat similar, they are not vampires!
- lithe girl
- young girl
- little boy
- skinny man
- elderly matron
- elderly gentleman
There's also some npcs that come with the carriages:
- confused traveller
- little travelling girl
- Igor, driver of the Borogravia carriage
- dwarfish Borogravia carriage driver
- trollish Borogravia carriage driver.
- dwarfish Uberwald carriage driver
- trollish Uberwald carriage driver
- Uberwald carriage driver
- trollish Steppes carriage driver
- Vieux River Road carriage driver
Wandering unique NPCs
- Tuffy the Vampire Slayer - Wanders around and attacks any vampires she sees. Leading vampires to her is an easy way to get them killed. Sadly she does not attack werewolves that somehow make their way to her.
- Mouldium Carpetsmith - Supplies carpets for player housing.
There are a few rooms that vampires will not follow you into:
- The Drunken Magpie pub
- The Dancing Garlic restaurant
- The player shop
- The town hall
Other points of interest
At the north end of town is a fairground. When it's open, you can play a bobbing game, a stake game, and a fishing game there, ride the swing, or buy candy.