Ephebe is both the name of the country and the major city located in the western region of the Disc known as Klatch.
It opened to the masses in January 2013. 
The city is relatively close to its northern neighbor, Djelibeybi. Docks in the northeastern portion of the city run along The Circle Sea. The Chronides farmstead is located to the immediate southeast of the city, followed further out by Il Drim. To the west is the Ephebian desert.
Language and Money
Other areas with the same language and currency include the Oasis, Il Drim and the Chronides farmstead.
- Foreign Rates
- -Many Shops and Shopkeepers charge foreigners to Ephebe a 10% increase on their shop price.
Crime and Punishment
Killing bureaucrats, officials, hoplites and citadel guards or any other citizen in their presence will make the hoplites and citadel guards aggressive towards you. After you've been killed, they will forgive you.
Stealing from NPCs and shops will increase the cost of items at shops. Costs will also be increased if you kill too many citizens, and you may eventually be banned from purchasing goods. Slaughtering the traders may get you banned from purchasing goods faster.
If you become notorious enough for stealing and killing in Ephebe your name will be written on the bronze stele before the Citadel. The names on the bronze stele are erased once in a while.
The city is dominated by The Citadel in the west. The Citadel is surrounded by the Street of Enlightenment and the Slouching Gardens. A lighthouse marks the northernmost point in Ephebe.
Dockside Walk in the northeast cups the Bay of Ephebe and sometimes leads to a lower dock level.
Much like Djelibeybi, in the approximate centre of the city is a marketplace. This Harbour Market has a smaller offshoot to its northwest called the Dockside Market. Close by Harbour Market to the southeast are the Southern Gardens, which contain refreshments and multiple player stalls.
The following facilities can be found in Ephebe:
- Banks, including:
- Bing's Bank branch on Impartiality Avenue, east side of the Harbour Market.
- Klatchian Continental Bank along Logical Lane. Also has a vault.
- Money changers are found:
- South side of the Dockside Market. Currency exchanged includes Ankh-Morpork, Agatean, Klatchian, and Tsortian.
- Djellian Embassy on Logical Lane. Exchanges Djtoon for Klatchian, and visa-versa.
- Mail and parcel counter services are found in the Temple of Fedecks at the northern end of Petulia Avenue.
- A doctor on Impartiality Avenue, east side of the Harbour Market.
- A raise location off the southwest of Harbour Market.
- Smithies and repair locales include:
- Blacksmith - forges at shops on Contradiction Close, Tuvelpit Avenue, and Hypothetical Road.
- Jewellery - jewelsmith on Antithesis Lane, north of access to the Southern Market, and Gelon's forge on Tuvelpit Avenue.
- Leatherwork - tannery shops on south end of Impartiality Avenue and under the docks. Leatherwork command available and shop available at both. The first shop buys hides from all those poor, defenseless animals whom have been slaughtered for the player's enjoyment.
- Pottery shop on south end of Tuvelpit Road. Clay can be found by searching the pile of discarded clay outside the front of the shop ('search clay').
- Looking at statues around the citadel gives more or less details, probably as a result of a people.culture.ephebian skillcheck. This might give tms.
- Replica of the wooden horse used in the Tsortean wars. Entering it can provide a temporary +2 intelligence stat bonus. (Location: 2up,2w from fruit and vegetables stand on dockside market)
- A mosaicist contractor for real estate owners.
- Talker exchange from NPC Abetholegios, on the end of the south pier, east of the Dockside Market.
- The Ephebian press office on the northwest side of the Harbour Market, within which can be found boxes for the AM Daily and the Green Slab.
- The following bulletin boards are available:
- List boards and location as they appear
- Component items (non-plant) to be found:
- Ash - can be found in numerous braziers around the Dockside Market and nearby stairways. Ash is only present at night when the braziers are lit. It can also be swept from the smithy found on the northern half of Hypothetical Road.
- Bottles - up to six are found on the table in the waiting room in the citadel.
- Sap - several sap-producing trees are present, including: Antithesis Lane (halfway), Paradox Lane (halfway), Rational Street (north), and the western side of the Southern Gardens (5 trees).
- Goat pellets - there are lots of goats wandering about, and they periodically leave pellets which can be picked up.
- Component herbs and other plants/foods to be gathered:
- Ivy seed - vines on Impartiality Avenue, northeast of four-way junction with Tuvelpit Road, Hypothetical Road, and Philosopher's Walk
- Buttercup - can be picked from the front of a house on the dockside walk
- Grapes - vines in many places around the city, and especially Tuvelpit Road. They can be "gather"ed in summer.
- Olives - bushes/trees are in many places around the city. They can be "gather"ed in summer.
- Oranges - oranges are found in the tree ("search tree") at the south end of Paradox Ave and on the tree ("pick oranges") at the bakery stall in the Harbour Market. Only available in local summer.
- Mushrooms - Red and green spotted mushrooms and tawny-brown mushrooms are found in a tunnel under Ephebe
- Culinary herbs - cardamom and nutmeg are found in the park off of Rational Street
- Component herbs - belladonna, hemlock, and monkshood are found int he park off of Rational Street
- Many, many fountains:
- Intersection of Dockside Walk and Impartiality Avenue - 3 quarts
- Plaza at intersection of Antithesis Lane, Eureka Chase, Paradox Ave, east of Southern Market - 2 gallons
- End of Contradiction Close - 3 gallons
- South end of Paradox Avenue - 3 gallons
- Plaza at intersection of Philosophers Walk, Impartiality Avenue, Hypothetical Road and Tuvelpit Road - 7 gallons
- Southwest side of Slouching Gardens, just southeast of Logical Lane - 4 basins at 3 quarts each
- West side of Slouching Gardens, multiple rooms following a channel - 1 gallon (each room)
- Park middle of Rational Street, east side - 3 quarts
Features of the Future
These places not fully open yet - check back next Thursday:
- Real estate office - mid-way on Philosopher's Walk
- Prison - south end of Impartiality Avenue
- Camels [i.e., riding] - south end of Impartiality Avenue
- Theater - east end of Dockside Walk
- Labyrinth - in the citadel
- Philosophy school - end of Contradiction Close
Ephebe has a number of sacrificial altars to various deities. On them, you can donate money, offer gifts to the gods, and sacrifice animals to receive temporary divine rewards.
- Briony - Underdocks, custom towel colors
- Daria - Underdocks, custom swimwear
- Linze the tailor - Philosopher's Walk, custom togas
- Old cobbler - Harbour Market stall, custom shoes and boots
- Talaria - Dockside Market stall, custom fancy shoes
A very small Assassins Guild branch is located somewhere in Epiolios' Ephebian Endive tavern, on Petulia Avenue.
Gapp has a small temple on the south side of the Harbour Market.
Fish has a small temple on the north side of the Harbour Market.
Pishe has a temple off of Petulia Avenue.
The local Thieves Guild guildhall is located in hidden underground tunnels and might be a bit dangerous to get into for less nimble adventurers. It's rather small, about the size of the Djelian outpost, featuring a fighting classroom, a small shop, and a room with a weapons fence, Adriano. Non-thieves cannot enter the shop. And be aware that the purse of non-thieves may be a bit lighter after a visit to the guild.
There is also an easily accessible jewellery fence - Klepton the Fixer - at the end of Ponder Alley. Unlike many fences, non-thieves can ask to list special items wanted by Klepton.
A branch of the Klatchian Foreign Legion is located on the Dockside Market in a tent.