Endorphin's Floating Friend
|Endorphin's Floating Friend|
|Tome||Introeductyon too thee Strukture of thee Multyverss|
Endorphin's Floating Friend (abbreviated as EFF) is a first order defensive spell which floats a shield around the caster.
The shield will automatically protect against attacks and remain floating around the caster until it is knocked out of orbit.
The following skills are used in the stages of this spell:
A shield is required to lift into orbit, which can either be in the caster's inventory or on the ground. Once floating it can no longer be used as an item until it is knocked out of orbit.
The effectiveness in blocking attacks is determined by the weight of the shield, i.e. a large wall shield will be much harder to knock down than a small wooden shield. As this is the case, it is much harder to successfully float a heavy shield than a light one.
The ability to float a shield is determined by the caster's bonus in magic.methods.physical.binding and the shield weight. The ability to control a shield is determined by the caster's bonus in magic.spells.defensive and the shield weight. Insufficient skill to control a shield will mean that the shield will fail to block attacks, and ability to cast the spell on a given shield does not guarantee that the shield will block efficiently for the caster.
Below is a list of shields and suggested magic.spells.defensive bonuses (compiled from tables by Sekiri and Sined). The first bonus column is what would give a fairly decent block rate with some chance of tms, whereas the second column is closer to maximum effectiveness.
|Shield||Weight (lb)||Bonus||Effective Blocking|
|Medium Leather Shield||4 4/9||80||100|
|Wooden Djelian Shield||5 5/9||110||130|
|Small Wooden Shield||6 2/3||120||140|
|Small Metal Shield/Cloud Dragon Shield||8 8/9||150||170|
|Ephebian Round Shield||10||160||180|
|Medium Bone Shield/Kushi Umbrella||11 1/9||170||190|
|Medium Wooden Shield||13 1/3||190||210|
|Medium Metal Shield/Thousand Rose Shield||17 7/9||260||280|
|Large Wooden Shield||20||290||320|
|Large Metal Shield/3 Star Shield||26 2/3||360||390|
|Tsortean Metal Shield||27 7/9||410||450|
|Large Copper Wall Shield (Custom made - Premium)||32||500||530|
- As well as being hit by strong melee attacks, a floating shield can be knocked out of orbit using the spell Frygellhan's Fiendish Orbit Disruptor. This is useful if you need to retrieve a shield from orbit without entering combat. Note that casting this spell on an NPC wizard using EFF will initiate combat, and the spell is pk-checked when cast on other players.
- Mother Brynda's Call of Gravity can also be used by witches to de-orbit shields.
- Shields while in orbit cannot be used to cast Transcendent Pneumatic Alleviator.
- Grammer Scorbic's Household Guard
- Frygellhan's Fiendish Orbit Disruptor
- Mother Brynda's Call of Gravity