Djelibeybi Player Council
The Djelibeybi Player Council is located in the Djelibeybi palace, at the northern end of the city. Its entrance is going down in the west wing of the palace.
The council allows players to obtain citizenship in Djelibeybi if they are at least 10 days old and they do not have any other citizenship elsewhere, with the exception of Agatean citizenship and citizenship in Ephebe.
- This currently means that unless you are the ambassador from or to Ankh-Morpork, you cannot apply for nor keep citizenship in Djelibeybi if you are a citizen in Ankh-Morpork.
- Citizenship applications need to be sponsored from someone who is already a citizen.
- Also, an applicant for Djelian citizenship must be interviewed by a Djelian Magistrate before his or her application is approved.
Note that player housing and the player shop are nationalized in Djelibeybi, which means the following.
- The council appoints a citizen, who holds the title of Nawab, to hold the deed to the only player shop in Djelibeybi. Other citizens are forbidden from bidding for the shop.
- By law, the profits from the shop go to the Djelian Council Treasury.
- Rooms in player houses in Djelibeybi are allocated to citizens by the council following social housing rules and the houses are owned by council representatives.
Cases can be filed in the court room by anybody who believes one of the council's rules to have been broken.
- Magistrates then have the option of enforcing certain punishments on rule breakers such as fines, blacklisting, banishment from the city or negative titles.
There are five elected magistrate positions in Djelibeybi.
Magistrates manage the business of the council, including proposing and voting on rule changes, ruling on cases filed in the court room, setting the tax rate and distributing funds from the council's coffers.
The current elected magistrates are:
Links on Discworld mud website
Need to login for these links, as they contain game information.