Difference between revisions of "Djelian"
(→Learning DJB Lesson 2 and 3)
(link back to language)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Djelian is spoken in [[Djelibeybi]].
Djelian is spoken in [[Djelibeybi]].
Revision as of 18:02, 6 February 2012
Learning DJB Lesson 1
To learn DJB, the languages institute is on the east side of the plaza. Once inside, go upstairs and to the relevant teaching room for your native language. On the wall is a brown sign, it reads;
Please note that different lessons are taught at different times of the day: 6am to 2pm - Djelian Lessons for Morporkian students. 3pm to 11pm - Djelian Lessons for Ephebian students.
Dilangelo says: The cost is DjToon 30.00 for your Djelian lesson and the textbook deposit. Dilangelo says: Now we shall begin the lesson. Dilangelo says: Ok repeat after me "sap-ghot nut-nit-pran-ghot bibh bibh-rhat-khin.". This means "These cabbages are rotten."
Once the first lesson is over, he will give you a textbook. You need to study lesson one in this textbook "study lesson in textbook". Once successfully learnt, you will gain some more spoken/written Djelian skills. After this you must go out into the world and TM Djelian by yourself until you reach level 20 of spoken.
Dilangelo whispers to you: It's too soon for your next lesson. Take some time to study your textbook and practise the words I taught you. I'll see you again no sooner than at 2:35pm, Octeday 1st Ember Secundus, UC 2028, thanks.
Dilangelo says in Morporkian with a Morporkian accent: Hmm... However I think you should go practice on your own before taking another lesson.
Dilangelo says in Morporkian with a Morporkian accent: Please read the sign in the classroom for details on what times the classes start. read signs You read the yellow sign in Klatchian: You read the green sign in Ephebian: You read the brown sign in Morporkian: Please note that different lessons are taught at different times of the day: 6am to 2pm - Djelian Lessons for Morporkian students. 3pm to 11pm - Djelian Lessons for Ephebian students.
Learning DJB Lesson 2 and 3
After the waiting period, go back to Dillangelo and "enrol in djelian lesson".
Dilangelo says: The cost is DjToon 40.00 for your Djelian lesson.
He will then ask that you repeat a number of phrases;
Dilangelo says: Now repeat after me "sot-fin-lip-yih bibh-phin-bhon sap lat-prin than yih-bibh ghot-nut-phin-lat-bibh sat-phin phin-yih lip-mit-bibh what-phon.". This means "Kindly remove the tip of your scimitar from my lower back."
After successfully repeating a number of phrases which Dilangelo requests you to say, he asks you a number of DJB words;
Dilangelo asks: What is the Djelian word for desert?
These can be found in the text book which you were given at the start (near the back of the book).
Again, after the lesson is over, study the next lesson in the textbook for extra TMs. You can enrol in lesson 3 once you have reached level 40 in spoken.
Learning DJB Lesson 3 is the same, but with 11 spoken and 2 written levels being awarded and Dilangelo warning to prepare for the exam next time you come.
Dilangelo says in Morporkian with a Morporkian accent: Congratulations, you have completed the third lesson. Dilangelo says in Morporkian with a Morporkian accent: This means that you have now achieved an advanced level of speaking and reading in Djelian. Dilangelo congratulates you. Dilangelo says in Morporkian with a Morporkian accent: Remember to study your textbook before the final exam.
You also get a further 4 written levels when you study lesson 3 in the textbook.
Good places to TM it include:
- The bazaar in Djelibeybi, especially in the east half (which has the prophet)--but if you're going to be idle, put your coins away to protect them from pickpocketing children.
- NPCs whose goods can be listed and each browsed separately: receptionist at the language school, towel trader at the Ephebian Embassy and the peddler at the stoning place on Temple Street.
- The room with the three priests in the palace in Djelibeybi.
- The zoologist in a tent in the Oasis is also chatty--though since it seems to be harder to tm from the same person twice in a row, it's a good idea to move after getting one.
- Buccaneers in the harbor talk to you when you enter the room they're in. They also respond to many souls.
- The pyramid north of DJB is good - the hostess talks a LOT. One thing that I find works well is to TM the language, then do something else until you TM another skills and then go back.
Apart from various signs throughout Djelibeybi:
- The Bes Pelargic Language Institute sells a dictionary in Djelian.
- Nicolette Leveaux's shop has a Djelian clothing catalogue, among others.
- The Djelibeybi language school has textbooks in Djelian, though you need to enroll in a class to get one, and you can't already know too much of the language (Klatchian, Ephebian, or Morporkian).