Category talk:Echo Bazaar
What does that have to do with anything? Unless I am mistaken this page and all related pages should be delete on account of not having anything to do with the mud.
- Preceding unsigned comment by: --Leyan 14:18, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
- It started off with http://discworld.imaginary-realities.com/wiki/Delicious_Friends and a list of DW MUDders being registered as well. So those pages are still from MUDders for MUDders. --Gunde 19:52, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
Seconding a vote for non-DW MUD things being removed from the DW MUD wiki. You can't throw a cyberbrick without hitting a half-dozen 'make-your-own-wiki' sites. Consider moving this Echo Bazaar stuff to (for example) gaming.wikia.com? I just hate checking the Recent Changes page and finding it filled with things that have absolutely nothing to do with the MUD. --Jiang
- If you delete it I'll delete Jiang :) --Dasquian 08:47, 11 July 2010 (UTC)
While the Twitter part doesn't make me want to actually play the game, I like to read those pages when they're modified. They're easy enough to spot anyway. I don't think it's right to remove something that's being used by mudders and that's been developing for this long.
Ultimately this is Drakkos' wiki, more of a drakkoscracy than a votingcracy. (I totally didn't just make those words up!)
The vorlons have a saying: "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote." (Give up being clear, join vorlons anonymous today!)
--Frazyl 09:54, 11 July 2010 (UTC)
Well if we are going to allow articles about things that mudders use we might as well have pages about food, drink, drugs, public transport, sex and world of warcraft. As Jiang says there are general gaming wikis where this would be better suited, it should be easy enough just to pick one and then copy and paste all the Echo Bazaar pages over there. At the very least a template warning users that these pages has nothing to do with the mud should be created.
- Leyan 14:54, 21 December 2010 (UTC)
What would you expect such a template to look like? If you can start a draft of it then making the template and putting it on the pages shouldn't be a problem. --Frazyl 05:48, 22 December 2010 (UTC)
Template in. --Frazyl 07:28, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
- There is a page up on the failbetter blog that is probably relevant here: http://blog.failbettergames.com/post/Echo-Bazaar-fan-project-guidelines.aspx. I don't know if they count this wiki's content amongst their wiki count, but their requests are fair, reasonable and if the pages are to be kept it would be nice if people honoured them. As to the 'Drakkoscracy' remark, while it's true that I'm the one hosting it, I have absolutely no editorial interest in any of the content. However, since Discworld people put a lot of effort into the content of the pages (and one of them was me), I would ask that people be respectful of that invested effort rather than simply 'mark for deletion'. Thanks! Drakkos 17:40, 23 January 2011 (UTC)