This page details individual weapons on the Discworld MUD. For a discussion on weapon mechanics, click here.
Weapons are used in the Discworld MUD to (typically) kill things. Most are melee-oriented, but many are well suited to throwing. Certain weapons such as the crossbow and blowpipe are available in game but are of extremely limited use to non-Assassins.
Weapons can be found in shops, or in the possession of players and NPCs. Certain weapons can only be acquired by completing Quests; those weapons are detailed here, but the means of getting them are not.
The Judge skill can be used to assess the quality of a weapon (vurdere is used for armour). Note, however, that this command is only available after the player has 5 levels of the skill adventuring.evaluating.weapons.
There are several types of weapon on the Discworld, divided into the following categories:
- Axes range from the quite light to the very heavy, with a wide range to choose from.
- Daggers are light and fast; they sacrifice damage for speed and covert utility.
- Flails range in size from the light, fast nunchaku to massive two-handed thrashy nightmares.
- Heavy-swords include most of the largest, slowest, heaviest, and most powerful swords in the game.
- Maces come in many shapes and sizes, all well suited to braining the enemy.
- Polearms tend to be slow and difficult to use, but are quite damaging in skilled hands.
- Swords come in many shapes and sizes, and are one of the most versatile weapons in the game.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.