Difference between revisions of "Brass Neck"
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
Revision as of 19:56, 14 February 2016
To the south of Brass Neck is Mad Stoat. The Ramtops Mountains begin to the north.
Language and currency
The language in Brass Neck is Morporkian. The local currency is the Lancre crown.
There is one player shop in Brass Neck, in the following location:
- 3 Brass Neck Marketplace (South from SE corner of market square)
- A smithy is just north of the market square. This smithy has facilities for jewellery.
- Virgo Vango paints portraits on the east side of the market square.
- Maurice Trimbleworthy in the Inn makes custom cloaks.
- Witches can make use of Annie Spindlewits' cottage
Stepping off of the path (i.e., trying to move in a direction which is not an obvious exit in some rooms) in Brass Neck can result in falling off a cliff. This is nearly always fatal, and Finneblaugh's Thaumic Float does not protect against it. However, a quick thinking witch can use her broom mid-fall to potentially escape a meeting with HE WHO TALKS LIKE THIS, though pets such as moon dragons (confirmed) and bats (?) may not be as lucky.
Cliff exits include:
- all unmarked exits from "A precarious pass through the mountains [s,ne]."
- all unmarked exits from "A trail through Leaping Mountain [n,sw]."
- all unmarked exits besides north and northeast from "A trail around the mountain [e,nw]."
- south or southwest from "A narrow trail along the mountain [w,se]."
- all unmarked exits besides north and northeast from "A sloping path around Leaping Mountain [e,nw]."
- northeast, east, southeast, or south from "A road [n,sw]."
- east or southeast from "A winding road [s,ne]."
- south or southeast from "A road outside of Brass Neck [e,sw]."
- southwest, south, or southeast from "A road [n,e,w]."
Shown below is the terrain immediately around Brass Neck. Grey lines between rooms represent climbing exits, and the numbers next to the lines are the slopes; black lines between rooms represent normal flat exits.
People wandering off cliffs seem to end up in one of the three moorland rooms.
Getting to the moorland room immediately to the south of Brass Neck is easy, only requiring going east from the southwest road. Getting to the moorland rooms to the east or west requires some climbing, and you should start from the road leading northeast out of Brass Neck to avoid the steepest slopes. From the road, climb south for the east moorland room, or climb west twice, then south for the west moorland room. Look before you climb, as there may be aggressive npcs in these terrains (evil trolls and sometimes moose in the moorland or mountains, and yetis, lynxes, or brigands in the mountains).