|GP Cost||all available (min 50)|
|Learnt At||25 of Fighting.special.tactics|
Berserk is a Warrior only command which is used to attempt to enter a state of mind where the warrior will deal damage faster and pay no regard to damage done to them.
The berserking warrior receives a bonus to hit points and stats, can make twice as many attacks as normal but unfortunately cannot use most commands and will not defend against any attacks apart from specials. After berserking the warrior will be exhausted; unable to berserk again and subject to a stat penalty until they recover.
The duration (in seconds) is the number of guild points spent or the warrior's fighting.special.tactics bonus - whichever is less.
Whilst beserking a warrior:
- can attack up to 4 times per heart beat, but each attack will cost approximately 1 guild point each;
- receives +1 str, +1 dex and +1 con (conflicts with other stat bonuses such as iron gauntlets);
- receives +50% hp (on top of that gained from the bonus con);
- cannot defend against any attack apart from specials;
- cannot use fighting commands apart from warcry, feint and beat;
- cannot use covert commands apart from slip and palm;
- cannot use rituals or spells from scrolls.
Normally after berserking you will be spiritually and physically exhausted:
- the physical exhaustion causes a stat loss of -1 or -2 to con, str and dex. It lasts 2.5 minutes.
- the spiritual exhaustion prevents berserking again and lasts 5 minutes.
The Restore ritual will remove the stat penalty, but you'll still have to wait to berserk again. The Soothe and Soothing Rain rituals will take you out of the berserker state with no such penalties, and will let you berserk again immediately.